Bird of Paradise
Bird of Paradise are native to South Africa, and are very hardy and can be grown in full sun to part shade. They get their name from their exotic blue/orange flowers that resemble the head of a colourful tropical bird. Bird of Paradise have large, lush foliage and look great when used in rockeries and interplanted with yuccas and agaves.
Flowering in Spring and Summer, Bird of Paradise require well-drained soils, and in their first year of growth, must be watered well and fertilised with Devotion™ Time Release Fertiliser every six months. They look great planted in pots or garden beds and create a lush, tropical feel in your garden.
Recent Plant Specials
- Citrus Orange Tree 'Washington Navel' 4L $49.99
Pyrus 'Cleveland' Ornamental Pear 12" Pot
Magnolia 'Little Gem' 7" Pot (Eco Grade) - Bulk Buy of 5
Prunus 'Cheals' Weeping Cherry 1.8m 12'' Pot
Lonicera 'BoxOz' 6" Pot - Bulk Buy of 12
- Peperomia 'Variegated' Hanging Basket $29.99
- Brachychiton ‘Queensland Bottle Tree' 16'' Pot $229.99
- Lagerstroemia 'Biloxi' Crepe Myrtle 20" Pot $229.99
- Fraxinus 'Golden Ash' Tree 4ft Bare Root $49.99
- Liriope 'Evergreen Giant' 3" Pot Pack of 10 $49.99
- Osteospermum '3D Lemon Ice' African Daisy $6.99 – $10.99
- Salvia 'Joan' $7.99 – $12.99